Sunday, March 23, 2008

  [customer service] Hilton Web Site Continues To Cause Errors

Sometimes even elite status doesn't save a traveler from having bad experiences with a travel company's web site. As a Hilton Diamond member, I have access to a nifty phone number that is usually answered in seconds. Stay dozens of nights a year in the same hotel chain, and you can get that too.

But what I don't understand is why Hilton's online reservations and comment systems have been broken for months. Yes, Hilton corporate staff knows about the issue.

Today was the epitome of poor customer service.

After receiving an email asking me to comment on my stay at $439/night in New York for 4 nights, I clicked on the appropriate button. Imagine my surprise, when I had to fill out a complaint form. Having designed enough customer service systems over two decades, I was not pleased with this development, but I dutifully completed the information and then wrote my comment.

Their system reported an error twice when I clicked the submit button. I scanned the email only to find the expected "Do not reply to this email" message. Seems I wasn't so important despite the opening paragraph. So I went to the main Hilton site and clicked the contact button.

Yep, another crash.

The web is working fine on the two computers on my desk. Hilton, however, has been up and down for a year to the point where Diamond call center employees have had to give me special URLs to check my reservation.

Seems like Paris isn't the only dysfunctional Hilton.

Labels: , ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home